Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life of a Sex Addict

Addict – Defined as; someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance; abrupt deprivation of the substance produces withdrawal symptoms.

But NAWW we’re not DEPENDENT on sex :/ And we most certainly don’t experience WITHDRAW symptoms :\

Oh the lies we tell ourselves. Welcome, my name is Truth. I am that ugly side that stares you dead in your face only when you are strong enough, stupid enough, or confident enough to stand in from of a vacant mirror. I, like many of you, am no addict. Addicts are those who developed over zealous habits of drug use, alcohol intake, or OCD cases. Those people are addicts. Right?

So at this point it is important to understand who you’re trying to convince. Please, keep your excuses away from my ears cause I have heard it all. Chances are, if you’re reading this we have either A) had sex B) will have sex C) Are linked through the great vine sexually. Sex is a drug point blank. We put such a major emphasis upon sex in and outside of our relationships that it has grown to become this deity that we NEED in order to sustain ourselves as individuals or to sustain us within our relationships. We seek acceptance through sex, we seek to attempt to secure our partner by quickly engaging in sex, we seek fun and entertainment through sex, and we somehow have grown to believe that the word relationship is synonymous with sex.

I drank on average about once a week. I have gone months at times without drinking for one reason or another, and neither of these times have I felt physically or mentally “different” as if to be missing the act of drinking alcohol. But if I go months without engaging in sexual activities, I grow anxious. I steadily miss it, and slowly grow in my desire to have it. Whether it is with someone I am currently in a relationship with or with a new partner, my thoughts become drawn to the idea of having sex once again. The degree of these “feelings” vary from person to person, but fact is most of us share this commonality. Welcome to the world of being an Addict. The subtly is neither here nor there. The fact is that we experience some sort of withdraw symptoms and our minds become increasingly wrapped around the idea of having sex once more.

Still in denial? Well then you might just have more than the problem of being an addict on your hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment